How to measure your true waist
How to Measure Your Waist
- Start at the top of your hip bone, then bring the tape measure all the way around your body, level with your belly button.
- Make sure it's not too tight and that it's straight, even at the back. Don't hold your breath while measuring.
- Check the number on the tape measure right after you exhale.
- Another tip is to bend on one side to find the natural crease. Straighten and measure at this point.
- Always double measure, and don't pull the tape too tight, this will give you a smaller number and metal does NOT stretch, so if you order based on a measurement pulled too tight it will be too small.
- If you don't have a soft measuring tape, you can take a piece of string, mark the string where your waist measurement would be and use a ruler to measure the string.